Photo: Jim Wright/MTV
As much as we loved watching Whitney Port ascend in the fashion world on The City for two seasons, the show will not be back for a third round. "The City will not be returning to MTV for season three," MTV confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter this morning. "Whitney has been a part of our family for many years, and we wish her and the cast the best, and hope to collaborate with them again."
Whitney Port alluded to the show's cancellation yesterday when she visited Ryan Seacrest's radio show. "As of right now it doesn’t really look like we’re doing it anymore," the series' star told Seacrest, when the host asked if the girls would be back for another season. We're going to miss watching Whitney and the crew — Olivia Palermo, Roxy Olin, and Erin Kaplan — take on the fashion world in New York. And we're especially going to miss gawking at their sartorial choices (though we probably won't stop that!). But, for now, we'll take a cue from Whitney and stay positive! As she told Seacrest: "It’s OK. One door closes and another opens."
REMEMBER WHITNEY'S TOP FASHION MOMENTS
• Photos: Whitney Eve's Complete Spring 2011 Collection
• Whitney Port Interview: What To Expect From The New Whitney Eve Collection!
• Whitney Port Launched A Line For Piperlime!
• Whitney Port's Best Childhood Fashion Moments
• Whitney Port's Bikini Style
• Whitney Port's Fansite Created Magazine About Her Style!
• Whitney Eve Expanding Into T-Shirt Territory
• Whitney Port Loves Her Colorful Prints