From left: Charlotte Ronson Fall 2011 fashion show, Erin Fetherston Fall 2011 fashion show, and Band of Outsiders Fall 2011 fashion show in New York on Feb. 12.
Photo: Getty Images
This weekend we saw a slew of braids on New York Fashion Week runways. But not just any old Little House on the Prairie braids. These were braids with a serious twist! At Charlotte Ronson, models' hair was slicked to one side with a few tiny plaits peeking out from underneath. Meanwhile, the models at Erin Fetherston and Band of Outsiders wore chunky braids--Erin Fetherston's were wrapped crown-style around their heads, and Band of Outsiders were pulled to one shoulder.
MORE NEW YORK FASHION WEEK COVERAGE:
• Day 1 With Mara Hoffman, Vena Cava, And Rachel Comey
• JWOWW Closes The Richie Rich Show
• Steven Alan, BCBG, and Nicholas K
• Christian Siriano's Shoe Designs Cause A Scene
• Jason Wu, Rebecca Taylor, and Rebecca Minkoff
• Celebs Flock To The Tents
• Our Three Favorite Weekend Shows
• DVF, Victoria Beckham, and Alexander Wang
• Experimental Strands At Thakoon, Bensoni, And Lela Rose