Ashley Benson in Matthew Williamson, Lil' Mama in Sherri Hill encrusted dress, and Shay Mitchell in a short, metallic sequin dress, all at the 2011 MTV Movie Awards in Universal City, California, on June 5, 2011.
Photo: Getty Images
Like red carpet disco balls, these gals didn't just wear sequins: They wore metallic-colored, glitter-shard-coated frocks that seemed simply rolled in all of the amazing things that make an event like this fantastic. Gold flecks, crystal bits, and confetti-like details appeared en mass last night at the MTV Movie Awards, and these ladies quite literally put on the ritz and it actually looked quite lovely.
Young Ashley Benson from the fairly addicting "Pretty Little Liars" rocked a Matthew Williamson with sequin embellishments in a warm copper, showing that metallics can be done without getting all shiny. Then Lil' Mama, who looked like she played "Katamari" in dark crystals with some bangin' accessories, took the shiny shard trend to the edgy extreme in a black encrusted strapless by Sherri Hill (please note: the killer cuff doesn't look overdone because everything else of hers is perfectly straight and to the point). As if sequins and bling wasn't glamorous enough, Miss Shay Mitchell (also of "Pretty Little Liars") came through with a sleeveless minidress in a shiny, textured body-con cut. She scores in a traditional shape with an intricate pattern.
A radiant Tinsel Korey in Badgley Mischka, Brooklyn Decker uses a No. 21 dress to go golden, and Leighton Meester keeps up with the Balmain trend, at the 2011 MTV Movie Awards in Universal City, California, on June 5, 2011.
Photo: Getty Images
Tinsel Korey didn't do sleek black or yellow-gold to turn heads, but the "Twilight" star looked effortless (also, the windswept, wolf girl-like hair) in a one-shouldered Badgley Mischka frock. The white-gold was fancy, but not distracting, keeping the focus on Korey's natural beauty. One of the most talked about ladies of the night was Brooklyn Decker—and not just because host Jason Sudeikis composed a song about her breasts—because she took the gold glitter trend most literally. She looks literally radiant as a gal with the golden touch. Her warm blonde hair added a pleasant California gal touch to her outfit, but the long sleeves ensured BK looked grounded and balanced, not just all gold and legs for miles. Last, style star Leighton Meester followed suit (Mila and Kristen did the same) and chose an edgy Balmain ensemble for the event. Hollywood seems to be loving the edgy, glass-and-mirrors effect of the line's S/S 2011 collection, and we kind of can't blame them. A lesser star might look disco-y, but the open neckline, delicate hair, and Meester's gorgeous hair makes her more bohemian than Saturday Night Fever.
2011 MTV MOVIE AWARDS COVERAGE:
• Movie Awards 2011: Loose Hair And Glossy Lips Dominate Red Carpet Beauty
• Movie Awards 2011: Lily Collins, Lil Mama, And Nicki Minaj Rock Badass Accessories
• Movie Awards 2011: Taylor Lautner, Tom Felton, And Ryan Gosling Plus More Hot Dudes
• Movie Awards 2011: Magic Crystals! Lil' Mama, Brooklyn, and Leighton Put On The Ritz
• Movie Awards 2011: Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber Shine On Their Own
• Movie Awards 2011: Elle Fanning's Floral Romper
• Movie Awards 2011: Emma Stone Struts In Orange Bottega Veneta
• Movie Awards 2011: Hailee Steinfeld Red Carpet Tuxedo
• Movie Awards 2011: Selena Gomez Stuns In White
• Movie Awards 2011: Kristen Stewart's Safety Pin Balmain Dress
• Movie Awards 2011: Emma Watson Shines From Head To Toe
• The Red Carpet Fashion Live Blog