Hailee Steinfeld at the 2011 MTV Movie Awards in Universal City, California on June 5, 2011.
Photo: Getty Images
Fourteen-year-old fashion icon Hailee Steinfeld decided to step out of her typical go-to gamine and girly ensembles (think: short and flirty frocks) and transformed into quite the dapper lady on the 2011 MTV Movie Awards red carpet. Hailee stunned in a black sequin lapel Louis Vuitton tuxedo with a crisp white tee, unlike her other tween counterparts who stuck to more effervescent ensembles. We have to give her MAJOR props for pulling off such serious trousers at 14. You guys, just IMAGINE wearing this ensemble in 8th grade. With fierce matte red lipstick. In peeptoe heels. AND wearing a glittery turquoise and black striped accent clutch. We're pretty sure when we were graduating middle school, we didn't even know what an accent clutch was.
But BEHOLD! She is a tween fashion plate and all shall bow down to her always-perfect effortless waves and too-cool-for-school attitude. But we can't help but recall that she was just dubbed the face of Miu Miu last month, and she shows up in Louis Vuitton? Veerrryyyyy interestinggggggg. Fascinating frankly *reaches over to stoke the flames of DRAMA.* We'll let you ponder that one.
2011 MTV MOVIE AWARDS COVERAGE:
• Movie Awards 2011: Loose Hair And Glossy Lips Dominate Red Carpet Beauty
• Movie Awards 2011: Lily Collins, Lil Mama, And Nicki Minaj Rock Badass Accessories
• Movie Awards 2011: Taylor Lautner, Tom Felton, And Ryan Gosling Plus More Hot Dudes
• Movie Awards 2011: Magic Crystals! Lil' Mama, Brooklyn, and Leighton Put On The Ritz
• Movie Awards 2011: Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber Shine On Their Own
• Movie Awards 2011: Elle Fanning's Floral Romper
• Movie Awards 2011: Emma Stone Struts In Orange Bottega Veneta
• Movie Awards 2011: Hailee Steinfeld Red Carpet Tuxedo
• Movie Awards 2011: Selena Gomez Stuns In White
• Movie Awards 2011: Kristen Stewart's Safety Pin Balmain Dress
• Movie Awards 2011: Emma Watson Shines From Head To Toe
• The Red Carpet Fashion Live Blog