Whitney Port at the John Frieda Style Salon Tour in Hollywood on June 24.
Photo: Getty Images
While Lauren Conrad might be the The Hills alum with the best advice, we have to say: Our girl Whitney Port is certainly the Hills-y (Hills-er? Hillite? Whatever.) whose closet we'd most want to raid. Not only does she have Whitney Eve and her teeth cut on the New York fashion world, but the girl always looks so poised. So when Fabsugar caught up with her in Los Angeles, the blog got Whit Whit to spill some of her secrets about how to dress up (and down) and still look poised (which she pulled off with aplomb in her relaxed white Whitney Eve pants). We dug what she had to offer, so we've teased out a couple of our favorite pieces of advice:
• Trust your instincts. Whitney usually ends up wearing what she puts on first, and trying on loads of stuff doesn't make your outfit any better.
• Being confident and comfortable is key (we agree!).
• For dressing up on a night out, fun and flirty is Whitney's goal. Her go-to is a floral dress and a pair of ankle booties. Which, for a summer look, is pretty dead-on.
• She is currently obsessed with a pair of Toga shoes she scored at Opening Ceremony. We totally dig the flat-heeled boots, but don't totally dig the $1,000 price. Maybe Whitney Eve ought to do some moto-boots?
• Let's talk about socks. She's into frilly, metallic and feminine foot garments for summer, which she says sounds weird to her, but a sock detail is one of our favorite things these days too.