Christina Ricci in Christian Siriano at MTV Movie Awards.
Photo: Getty Images
TIME OUT, you guys. And we mean that literally, because Christina Ricci wore a Christian Siriano dress adorned with watches (!) at tonight's Movie Awards. We knew something was up when the designer tweeted earlier today, "Excited to watch @MTV #MovieAwards tonight, Christina Ricci will be wearing a special custom Siriano dress! #TimexDress" and whoa, did he deliver. The actress looked stunning in the strapless mini, which according to Siriano, was covered in tons of watch parts, gears, and Swarovski crystals. These unexpected embellishments awesomely offset the otherwise-classic shimmery black frock, which stylist Brad Goreski paired with black heels and minimal jewelry- not even a necklace.
What prompted Christian Sirano's decision to deck out the dress in Timex?! We're still dying to know the deal behind the #TimexDress, but maaaaybe he became inspired by all the rad dresses he spotted while hosting the Red Carpet Report last year. Either way, we're obsessed. The result is Alice In Wonderland-style whimsy with a touch of dark glam, and totally rad. Props to Christian for going out on a limb and Christina for pulling it off. Oh, and thanks for reminding us never to be late again.
+ GET A CLOSER LOOK AT CHRISTINA RICCI'S TIMEX DRESS:
2012 MTV MOVIE AWARDS COVERAGE:
• Movie Awards 2012 Red Carpet Fashion Live Blog
• Nikki Reed, Kristen Stewart, Crystal Reed, And Christina Ricci Rock Metallic Dresses At Movie Awards
• Emma Watson, Emma Stone, Julia Jones And More Sport Peplums At MTV Movie Awards
• The Best Dressed Of The 2012 MTV Movie Awards
• Kristen Stewart Changes From Heels Into Converse At Movie Awards