Rita Ora and Nicki Minaj on the 2012 Video Music Awards red carpet on Sept. 6 in L.A.
Photo: Getty Images
Here's the thing—celebs REALLY love sheer bodysuits (see: Nicki Minaj, Lady Gaga and Jennifer Lopez) and on tonight's VMA red carpet, some of our favorite ladies kept with tradition. Rita Ora and Nicki Minaj both opted for sleek, curve-hugging onesies that had a hint (OK, a buttload) of sex appeal. Rita sported a completely blinged-out custom Pucci number that left us totally speechless. I mean, first off—that is a one deep V, friends. Her sheer black panel extended all the way past her belly button and the rest of her body was totally covered up in sparkly adornments. She paired her show-stopping ensemble with black Christian Louboutin pumps, Cartier jewelry and a matching clutch. She kept her beauty look equally as glam by sporting retro blonde waves with deep burgundy lip and cat eyeliner.
Nicki Minaj went for a ballsier ensemble by wearing a head-to-toe sheer lace bodysuit. YOWZA! To top it off, red sequins outline an illusion bustier to add a hint of Moulin Rouge-inspired bawdiness to her overall look. Barbz accessorized with killer rhinestone-covered Louboutins and a studded police hat. In true Nicki style, she went all-out with her hair and sported a lime green and pink curly bob paired with a bright pink lip and glittery silver lids. We hate to do this to y'all, but we MUST know—who looked better in a sheer bodysuit: Rita Ora or Nicki Minaj? Tell us below!
+ MORE 2012 VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS COVERAGE
• VMA 2012: Red Carpet Fashion Live Blog!
• MTV.com VMA Red Carpet Host Holland Roden Goes '60s Chic
• House of Style Hosts Joan Smalls and Karlie Kloss Are Super Excited For You To Watch! [VIDEO]
• Demi Lovato Shines In Sequins For Her VMA Pre-Show Preformance
• Rihanna's 2012 VMAs Style From Red Carpet To Stage
• One Direction Or The Wanted: Which Boy Band's VMA Style Is Best?
• Frank Ocean Makes VMA Performance Debut In All-Black Ensemble