Lil Wayne's 2012 VMA performance outfit totally looks like Donnie Thornberry.
Photo: Getty Images/Nickelodeon
Lil Wayne and 2 Chainz joined forces tonight on the 2012 VMA stage for an EPIC performance collaboration. And yet, even though that that s*** was seriously cray, we were even more entranced by Lil Tunechi's performance outfit. For one, he did, in fact, appear shirtless, as we had predicted. But the real nugget is that dude's performance steez SMACKS of The Wild Thornberrys. Specifically, Donnie Thornberry, the feral younger brother voiced by Red Hot Chili Peppers bassist Flea.
Don't even try to front like you don't see it. The whole no shirt + yellow animal print shorts + long somewhat unruly hair thing is an impenetrable argument. The only glaring differences are style choices you kind of have to give to Wayne. I mean, that camouflage underwear? It's Trukfit, Weezy's own streetwear label. And those shoes he opted for instead of the Donnie-style bare feet? They're Supras, which is not just Wayne's most beloved shoe brand but also the one he's collaborating with for his "Chimera" shoe range. He's just repping his own work, and you can hate on the man for that. Let us know what you think. Does Lil Wayne look like Donnie Thornberry?
+ WATCH 2 CHAINZ AND LIL WAYNE'S 2012 VMA PERFORMANCE
+ MORE 2012 VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS COVERAGE
• VMA 2012: Red Carpet Fashion Live Blog!
• MTV.com VMA Red Carpet Host Holland Roden Goes '60s Chic
• House of Style Hosts Joan Smalls and Karlie Kloss Are Super Excited For You To Watch! [VIDEO]
• Demi Lovato Shines In Sequins For Her VMA Pre-Show Preformance
• Rihanna's 2012 VMAs Style From Red Carpet To Stage
• One Direction Or The Wanted: Which Boy Band's VMA Style Is Best?
• Frank Ocean Makes VMA Performance Debut In All-Black Ensemble