Will you be our person?
Hey guys, BIG NEWS. HUGE, really. So, I've been the Senior Editor at MTV Style for a couple of years now and had an absolute blast but it's time for me to move on! I mean, let's not be dramatic, it's not like I'm going SUPER FAR or anything, I'm actually going to continue to serve y'all as Editor-At-Large while working on some awesome, clandestine personal projects (I'm joining the CIA! Shhhhhhhhhh.). I'll still check in intermittently for urgent things like Grammys, Fashion Week etc etc so you won't even know I'm gone. I'm STOKED (MTV totally threw in a gold watch with "emeritus" inscribed on the back in cursive and everything).
The part that actually concerns you is that: MTV STYLE IS HIRING A SENIOR EDITOR. Dun dun duuuuuuuuuuun! The only way to toss your name in the hat and then lob the hat in the ring is to apply for the job online. If you choose to email or call me directly, YOU FAIL. If you decide to descend upon our offices like a pestilence and wheat-paste your resume all over our building, YOU FAIL. Should you elect to airdrop an enormous bribe in the form of DELICIOUS CANDY, YOU FAIL (but by such a slender margin that we can't possibly dissuade you from at least trying).
Here's what we're looking for:
1. Someone marvelous. Clearly. (We are, after all, looking for someone to FILL MY SHOES). It's important that you rule at communicating and commandeering a staff. It also helps if you're a kick-ass writer and a spectacular line-editor who can help aforementioned awesome staff to improve as writers and editors. They will look up to you. IT'S A LOT OF PRESSURE. It also feels warm and fuzzy.
2. Someone with 5+ years of online editorial experience. As in, YOU HATH WORKED ON THE INTERWEBS. And have produced original content in all forms. Bloggage, gallery-makings, and video. What this also means is that you have SEO best practices drilled into your cranium and you are a diligent, dynamite superstar at social networking. Like, you enjoy it with a healthy dose of competitiveness. Not to, like, insane levels where you get veins on your face at 3AM and you sleep with your phone on your sternum.
*NOTE: Basically, this job is not like other online gigs where you're toiling in the internet salt mines cranking out 10-15 posts a person, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
3. THAT SAID, we'd love someone who isn't going to bellyache about working weekends during MTV Movie Awards, MTV VMAs, Fashion Week and Award Season because that is how the cookie crumbles some of the time. I mean, cry me a river here, you're looking at pretty, talented ladies wearing beautiful dresses and shoes.
4. Someone who is familiar with MTV and MTV Style and ACTUALLY ENJOYS IT WITHOUT IRONY OR A COMPLICATED META NARRATIVE. Feeding the Internet at MTV Style is intended to be fun. We tend to love people who are both high and lowbrow brillz.
5. Someone who can read the aforementioned link for the full requirements and complete the application process therein!
Thanks and GOOD LUCK.