Bradley Cooper in Gucci at 'The Hangover 3' premiere.
Photo: Getty Images
Bradley Cooper: the man can make a trash bag and Eagles jersey look almost as good as a Tom Ford three-piece suit. Not to MENTION those piercing blue eyes, that smile, and the extremely rare talent for pulling off the highly risky man bob. Yep, whenever we're lucky enough to see this guy hit the press circuit, you can bet it's going to be a really good day. Earlier this spring we feasted our eyeballs on the actor's classically dapper The Place Beyond The Pines red carpet outfits, and he's showing off a bolder, more daring side for The Hangover Part III. It makes total sense, right? Funny movie equals fun fashion. And taking this philosophy to heart, B.Coops turned up at last night's premiere in a seriously traffic-stopping burnt orange Gucci suit. Coordinating perfectly with his surroundings, it seems like someone's taking a page from One Direction's style book....
Ryan Gosling and Bradley Cooper at 'The Place Beyond The Pines' premiere last night in New York.
Photo: Getty Images
We've been tracking the fashion in the new flick The Place Beyond The Pines for a while now, and how could we not? I mean, METALHEAD WARDROBE, people! But while the on-set stills have given us plenty to talk about as we wait for the movie's release this weekend, Ryan Gosling and Bradley Cooper's premiere looks are an entirely different topic of discussion on their own. The two stars hit the red carpet last night in New York City looking dapper as usual, but with some, um, unusual twists to the traditional formal dude uniform.
A round of applause for the gentlemen of Hollywood, everyone! The Oscars red carpet is all about the dresses, so much so that sometimes our swoon-worthy leading men get left in the dust just a little bit. Is there anything better than a man in a suit though? I mean yeah, looking at beautiful gowns fills our little hearts with joy, but there's another part of our hearts reserved solely for a dashing gentleman in a crisp bow tie. I mean right? Some of MTV Style's biggest crushes were out on the carpet tonight, and it was hard to focus on picking our our ladies' top looks while we were busy writing our initials inside of hearts with theirs on our notebooks *throws "MD hearts JGL"-covered notebook under desk*. But seriously, you might think all suits are created equal, but pairing the right cut and fit with the man is super important and not actually that easy. Behold! Our favorite gentlemen of the 2013 Oscars!
Joseph Gordon-Levitt at the 2013 Oscars.
I'm kind of a creep about Joseph Gordon-Levitt. He has such kind eyes. And he seems so funny and nice. But this isn't about that, this is about his TUXEDO! The Lincoln actor went super classic for his turn down the red carpet, in a black tux with a classic bow tie and white shirt with contrasting black buttons. Joseph also accessorized his look with his signature red button, which is for his organization HitRecord. All pretty cute right? You have no idea how cute it gets. The actor revealed that he didn't actually tie his own bow tie, but co-star Sally Field did it for him in the car on their way to the awards! It doesn't get much better than that, guys, it really doesn't. With just the right pleat in his pants, structure in his jacket and shine on his shoes, we have to say JGL is killing the suit game, and our hearts at the same time.
If we've learned anything at all from the Golden Globes, the Critics' Choice, and the SAG Awards this season, it's that Silver Linings Playbook will be THE movie to beat at the Oscars come Sunday night. Oh, and if you still haven't seen it yet? Crawl out from whatever rock you're hiding under all winter and head to the movie theater STAT because this is one film that's truly too good to sleep on. But first, check out our interview with costume designer Mark Bridges, otherwise known as the creative mastermind behind all of the flick's amazing outfits. We're talking about Bradley Cooper's garbage bag workout uniform, Jennifer Lawrence's black-on-black ensembles, and even the pair's epic dance performance looks. Before the cast turns out on the red carpet this weekend, Mark was nice enough to chat with us about the secret to style authenticity, dressing J.Law, and how her off-duty workout clothes inspired the film's MOST important outfit.
Jem from 'Jem and the Holograms.'
Photo: Courtesy of Hasbro/Marvel Productions
• Guys, Jem and the Holograms is coming back to TV. YAHOO!! In celebration of this glorious event, we found numerous ways to dress EXACTLY like her. Check out how to cop Jem's look here!
• The Movie Awards are almost here!! No, seriously it's, like, this weekend, and we are SO EXCITED to see all the amazing FASHION! So far we've gotten a sneak peek of Bella's wedding dress from Twilight: Breaking Dawn (the full clip will air on Sunday!), noodled over what Kristen Stewart might wear to the show, guessed the top beauty trends, announced that Christian Siriano will be hosting the red carpet report, and looked back on Generation Award winner Reese Witherspoon's iconic fashion movie moments.
• What were those hot dudes up to this week? Bradley Cooper surprised us all by speaking impeccable French, Dita Von Teese's boyfriend Louis-Marie de Castelbajac looks super model-y and hot in Paris, Rain stylishly traveled around the world with us, and Álex González begged to be put on the cover of a romance novel. Also, can we just add that we LOVE dudes with long hair? KAY.
• This week our cover girls knocked it out of the PARK. Beyoncé radiated otherworldliness on the cover of Essence, Zoë Kravitz looked rocker chic for ASOS magazine, and Rihanna KILLED it in a tribal ensemble on the cover of Cosmopolitan.
• Fashion isn't always about runways and high-end couture. Sometimes it's about the WEIRD-AS-HALE stuff you stumble upon while searching the internetz. Here were some of our favorite finds: dresses made of cheese, rat fashion conventions, and totally reversible jeans.
Check back on Sunday, June 5, at 6:30 p.m. ET because MTV Style will be live blogging straight from the 2011 MTV Movie Awards red carpet!! See you then!
Bradley Cooper on French TV station TF1.
Photo: Courtesy of TF1
We're not even gonna lie—Bradley Cooper kind of scares us. Everything about him reeks of a slimy shyster. I mean, he could undo our bra strap with just a glance. It's like he's been bred to be a creepy evil villain, but like, in real life. Tons of collegiate-level schooling to build intricate nuclear weapons and overthrow politicians? Check. Tirelessly kayaking in British Columbia with Orca whales and ice-climbing in the Peruvian Andes to find the most desolate hiding places when fleeing from the FBI? Double check. Learning multiple languages so he can blend in with locals as a master of disguise? Um, obviously.
OK, OK, so we maaaaaay be jumping the gun, but we've watched enough Bond movies to know that a guy who travels around the world and has Georgetown University and the New School under his belt would probably fall into the "dangerously dateable" category. No doubt: there's something fishy going on here. We're truly skeptical of all his "talents" and "good looks" and "charm." That is, until we saw this three-minute clip that changed our LIVES.
Kanye West at the Givenchy show in Paris on March 6.
Photo: Getty Images
• It seems that everyone is swagjacking Kanye West's style this week—both Liv Tyler AND Brad Goreski turned up in similar ensembles! But those aren't the only celebs to go matchy poo. Tell us who won these fashion face-offs: Nicky Hilton vs. Jaime King and Amanda Seyfried vs. Hailee Steinfeld.
• Katy Perry looked ridic cute carrying around her portable A/C unit at a Paris fashion show! Or as some call it—a "fan." Awww, you guys... "fan" reminds us of fat Karl Lagerfeld. We miss that guy sometimes.
• What were hot dudes up to this week? Bradley Cooper looked surprisingly studly with bedhead, Hugh Jackman's dog put up some stiff style competition, Russell Brand cleaned up his act (and we love it!), Alan Cumming worked it in a NYC rainstorm, and Ian Somerhalder, Penn Badgley, and Matt Bomer bared their chesticles.
• HEY! Kate Middleton! Buy one of these wedding dresses! They would be PERF for the big day. #justsaying
• This week in breaking trousers news: Taylor Momsen actually wears some (gasp!) and Georgia May Jagger makes her own.
• So, if Rihanna would've been in The Bodyguard remake, this is proooooobably how she would've looked.
• Alice In Wonderland star Mia Wasikowska is proving to be quite the style maven. Let's take a look back at all of her best looks.
• Kat Graham shot the video for her new single "I Want It All," and we got a sneak peek! Not only does her hair look full and fabulous, but she's sporting a chain bustier by The Blonds. Want it. Now. All. Thanks.
• Question: Do we love this Emma Stone outfit? Help us decide! #weirdtresting
• Spring trends are in full force. This week we loved: ankle strap shoes, harem pants, flared trousers, slick suits, and feather earrings.
• And last, but CERTAINLY not least, our little Friday GIF to you: Chloë Sevigny's hypnotic face.
Have a stylish weekend, friends! We'll catch up with you Monday morning.
Bradley Cooper outside BBC Radio 1 in London on March 11.
Photo: Getty Images
We're jealous that Bradley Cooper can literally roll out of bed (see: coffee) and still look this... mmm... magical. ANYWAY, while visiting BBC Radio 1 in London today, he wore a mishmashed layered ensemble that included a light brown scarf, blue and white striped tee, black leather jacket, navy coat, light blue trousers, casual hiking shoes, and brown plastic frame glasses. We're used to seeing him on the red carpet all smooth and "Blue Steel," so we were kind of happy to spot him looking a bit aloof in his tousled 'do and thick glasses. He just looks so... real. Call us!
+ Do you like Bradley Cooper's just-got-out-of-bed look?
Bradley Cooper at a 'Limitless' screening in Hollywood on March 3.
Photo: Getty Images
Layering isn't always easy (especially if you're a dude...it can look football player-ish, ya know?), but Bradley Cooper makes it look easy. At yesterday's Hollywood Limitless premiere (he stars in the film!), the 36-year-old actor wore a light blue thermal tee, navy blue shawl collar sweater, black Windbreaker jacket, dark denim wash jeans, and lace-up black boots. His trick to not looking like a quarterback: Choose tops made of thinner fabrics. Take notes, fellas! Another attention-to-detail we love is how the sky-blue thermal top peeks out from underneath his lightweight sweater.
+ Do you like Bradley Cooper's layered look?