• Rapper J. Cole told us all about his style, which is about to get a lot more bling.
• Robert Pattinson has reached a whole new level of fame: he inspired a line of underwear called R-Pants, which are made specifically for skinny jeans.
• Taylor Momsen slashed up a Sonic Youth T-shirt and wore it as a dress; we found out what it looked like before she got her scissors on it.
• Both Blake Lively and Ed Westwick got chesty on us this week. Not that we're complaining.
• Want jewelry designed by Vanessa Hudgens or a blazer crafted up by Olivia Palermo? Your dreams may come true soon enough.
• You, dear readers, proclaimed your love for fast fashion. AMEN.
• More awesome summer trends! Find out how to cop the hottest looks: skinny-striped dresses and sexy cut-outs, as worn by the likes of Katie Holmes, Audrina Patridge, and Ellen Page.
• Speaking of trends, it's the year of the mile-high thigh slit! We compared Angelina Jolie's Salt premiere getup to gowns worn by Katy Perry, Fergie, and many more in our Top 10 Thigh-High Slit Dresses of 2010 slide show.
• And even more trends: we're loving vintage-y looking rings, bucket bags, and watches with sneaky messages on them.
• And finally: prom dresses made out of duct tape. You read that right.
And, we're out! Take advantage of the last month of summer and beach it up this weekend ... can you believe it's already August?!
Photo: Getty Images
Cut-out dresses are the perfect way to show a peek of skin without going overboard, and they're popping up everywhere, as recently evidenced by Aubrey Plaza, Audrina Patridge, and Ellen Page. Aubrey Plaza got the prize for most elaborate cut-outs at last night's premiere of Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World — we love how she stuck with a minimal black color and really let the cut-outs draw attention. Audrina Patridge went for a more colorful look that showed off her tan — and a sliver of her upper right ribcage — in this fuschia minidress by Bouley Designs for the season finale of The Hills. And last week, Ellen Page got on the cut-out bandwagon with this pretty teal dress by Yigal Azrouel at the Los Angeles premiere of Inception. The cut-out at the top of the chest was just enough to make the dress look modern and young, but not too racy.
+ CLICK HERE TO GET THE LOOK! Read More...
In London on July 7 (left) and July 8 (right).
Photo: Alan Davidson/Picturegroup; Ian Gavan/Getty
Ellen Page is one of the only actresses in Hollywood who we're more accustomed to seeing without makeup than with it. She barely even wore lip gloss in Whip It and Juno, and she's not super into the whole dolled-up red carpet thing (hey, hairspray and false eyelashes aren't for everybody). We applaud the 23-year-old's low-maintenance style, but the best part about it is that when she does glam out, like she did at the premiere of her new film Inception in London today — YOWZA. We love her smoky eyes with a hint of shine in the corners, and the berry-colored lipstick is pretty and elegant. It's a big departure from her laid-back signature look, but it's still refined and not overdone.