Rihanna bares it all on the July cover.
Photo: Esquire UK
So we know your minds just exploded over that headline, and maybe you hesitated a little, wondering if what you were going to find would be safe for whatever public place you're sitting in right now. Fear not, because, despite being pretty racy, there's nothing TOO scandalous about Rihanna's cover shoot for the latest issue of Esquire UK. The singer was shot by Matt Irvin and styled with a distinctly military vibe (Battleship, anyone?) juxtaposed by some extremely combat inappropriate skivvies. Although the photos available now are just outtakes from the shoot, we can already tell that Rihanna is majorly on her babe game.
Snooki in Italy on May 25.
Photo: Getty Images
• The Jersey Shore cast is baaaaaaaaaaaaccckk! Well, from Italy at least. In their short return, Snooki has already been compared to the lovely (and fashion forward!) Smurfette and Pauly D flashed an insane amount of bejeweled accessories.
• What were those hot dudes up to this week? X-Men: First Class's Nicholas Hoult showed off his cuter side in Esquire UK, Joe Jonas released his latest music video See No More, Justin Bieber parodied... Justin Bieber, Joe Zee made a cute cameo in a Cobra Starship video, Shia LaBeouf looked DELECTABLE in Details, Godfrey Gao is officially Asia's first (and hottest) male supermodel, and Kanye West and Michael Stipe together make one EXTREMELY hot dude.
• MEOOWWWW. We love cats. We ESPECIALLY love cats and fashion. Katy Perry rocked some crazy expensive cat ears and Chanel launched its feline-friendly ad campaign.
• In celeb designer news, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen launched a $30 T-shirt collection, Lourdes Leon's Material Girl fall 2011 ad campaign featuring Kelly Osbourne hit the blogosphere, Whitney Port dished out some fashion tips, and Lauren Conrad started a fashion column in Forbes.
• The BET Awards were filled with tons of fun AND fashion, but we mostly cared about the fashion. Check out our fave shoes from the red, er, green carpet and our top trends!
• Those pop stars divas are ALWAYS up to something! Lady Gaga eerily resembled Jack Sparrow in Tokyo, Jessie J still looked FIERCE even while wearing a cast onstage in England, Ke$ha and Nicki Minaj both sported skeleton-inspired ensembles, Christina Aguilera was ousted as the face of Stephen Webster jewelry, Beyoncé and Rihanna let their huge hair hang out, and Willow Smith rocked her Fresh Prince dad on her T-shirt. Twice.
• Our cover girls ROCKED it this week! Mia Wasikowska channeled Jane Eyre on Harper's Bazaar Australia and Taylor Swift went retro for Teen Vogue.
Have a great Independence Day, fashion friends! Don't forget to rock out to our favorite Fourth of July fashion music videos. (P.S.—Still have nothing to wear? Try THIS!)
Nicholas Hoult in the July 2011 issue of 'Esquire UK.'
Photo: Courtesy of 'Esquire UK'/Alan Clarke
Hmmm, haven't we seen this cutie pie darlingface before? He looks familiar, right? Well, he's THAT little boy from About A Boy! Yep, let it sink in. Let those memories flood back into the brain and DING DING DING. YOU REMEMBER. His name is Nicholas Hoult. And About A Boy is very much About A Man now. And a very dapper, well-dressed man. OK, wait, now we feel kind of gross. Are we allowed to called him a hottie yet? Are we being PEDOS? *quickly Googles his birth date* Oh, WHEEWWW. He's 21. Coast is clear. WE THINK NICHOLAS HOULT IS HOT, AND WE DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS IT. You also miiigghtt have seen Nicholas in the UK version of Skins (not to be confused with MTV's Skins!) playing bad boy Tony Stonem OR as Beast in the recently released X-Men: First Class. Either way, we were SUPER excited when we stumbled upon this Esquire UK spread of Mr. Hoult in some crisp, clean summery fashions! His dark green cotton blazer, orange polo and dark jeans (all by Prada) paired with burgundy Doc Martens is SO '90s meets '70s in a way we're totally in love with.