Photo: Circe Baumgartner/MTV Style
• In case you doubted Ke$ha's love of glitter, she explains it all!
• Supermodel Coco Rocha will host MTV.com's Red Carpet Report for the Video Music Awards on Sept. 12!
• Emmy looks we loved: January Jones's bright blue Versace gown, the guys of Glee in their black skinny ties, beautiful bows, glam gold and the Glee girls' gowns in patriotic navy and red.
• Hair went super high this week, from head-topping buns and updos at the Emmys to Elly Jackson of La Roux's "ginger quiff."
• Middle school trends that made a comeback: super stylish socks and temporary tattoos like Whitney Port.
• Glee girls went from the small screen to the pages of our favorite magazines! Lea Michele rocked it on the cover of Glamour, while Heather Morris nailed it in Nylon.
• More celebrity hair news: Fergie went back to blond and Anne Hathaway became the latest in a string of celebs to try a pixie.
• This week was full of bold beauty looks: dress-matching lipstick, larger-than-life lashes and beautiful black nails were just a few of our faves.
• All hail accessories! Look at Jessica Alba's clutch and Nicole Scherzinger's chandelier earrings.
• Natalie Portman got bit by the purple (dress) bug. And she also knows how to grow out her bangs.
And that's all for the summer, folks! Enjoy the last long weekend of the season, and wear all of your white jeans and summery rompers one last time. Until Tuesday, Happy Labor Day!
La Roux's Elly Jackson.
Photo: Courtesy of Paper/Cass Bird
La Roux singer Elly Jackson landed a full feature in the latest issue of Paper magazine, and in it she explains her androgynous style, which has come to be her signature look (which we love!). The article is pretty long, so we've scanned it for the most important things you should know:
• Elly spends £30 (or $47) on hair products when she's on tour. Yes, there is no price too high for good hair!
• Elly calls her hairstyle a "ginger quiff."
• Elly likes oversize menswear and Gucci loafers. Good taste!
• Elly hates the outfit she wore in the "Bulletproof" video: "I don't like those clothes now, either. I would never wear any of those clothes, ever. But I guess that shows how much you can change in a year, right?" But those neon clothes were so cute!
• Elly will never wear high heels: "I remember people saying, 'One day you'll wear high heels.' Well no, I f------ won't. It's such a cliché to say, but it's just who I am. It's never going to be a different way." Don't give in!
• Elly says her style is important to give a different perspective: "It's really important for young girls because there isn't anything else. If you're not into that very exposed female look, what else is there? Apart from looking up to boys, which is what I did. I was always looking up to men, which is probably why I was all weird."
+ Do you like Elly's style?
SEE MORE PHOTOS OF LA ROUX'S ELLY JACKSON BELOW!!! Read More...
Photo: Dominique Charriau/Getty
La Roux's Elly Jackson played a gig at the Viktor & Rolf menswear fashion show today in Paris (men's fashion week is going on there right now) wearing a men's tux by the label. "I love suits," she told WWD. "I wouldn't feel comfortable in girls’ clothes."
The designers, Viktor Horsting and Rolf Snoeren, said that's why they like Elly — because she plays with gender. And yes, that's great and all, but we have a different reason. We just like the idea of, a performer who has taken a great interest in PANTS.
+ Do you like to wear menswear-inspired looks?