Cher and Josh, now and then.
Photo: Courtesy of Paramount Pictures/Getty Images
Alicia Silverstone and Paul Rudd were reunited at a recent screening of Rudd's new movie Our Idiot Brother in New York, and the interwebs were ABLAZE with "OMG, IT'S CHER AND JOSH!" reunion sentiments. If you can believe this (and/or aren't too young to realize that what I'm about to type makes my fingertips shake with sweet granny decrepitude), it's been 16 YEARS since Clueless charmed our then young (sniffle) selves with its Southern Cali brand of clever, teen-beat glamour. It's kind of crazy to think that Cher and Josh—er, Alicia and Paul—have grown up to become respected working actors (and sad that we will never see what the adorable "rolling with my homies" Brittany Murphy might have continued to create). Still, I can't help but stare at these photos longingly until my eyes glaze over and send me into a hypnotic trance; in fact, it's AS IF what I'm staring at is ACTUALLY Cher and Josh 16 years later...
Paul Rudd on the September cover of "Nylon Guys."
Photo: Courtesy of "Nylon Guys" Magazine
As far as Hollywood heartthrobs go, Paul Rudd is the male version of America's Sweetheart. His sincere brand of sweet and funny has charmed us in every single film he's been in for the last TWO DECADES. It's kind of insane to think that the dude from Role Models and Dinner for Schmucks is still breaking our hearts the same way he did way back in the golden olden days of 1995's Clueless. One of our favorite moments in the movie is when Alicia Silverstone (aka Cher) sits in front of the neon pink Beverly Hills fountain and says, "I love Josh! I'm majorly, totally, crazy in love with Josh!" Is it wrong that we still mouth that line with her every time we watch it and that we maybe sort of mean it? No, no it's not. Paul Rudd is aging like a fine wine, and that's something to HONOR and CHERISH, which, incidentally, Nylon Guys does in this month's cover feature.
Paul Rudd at 'The Book Of Mormon' opening night in New York on March 24.
Photo: Getty Images
Is it just us, or is Paul Rudd one of those dudes who just get handsomer the older they get? Plus, there's something so winsome about how he looks like he straight grabbed his gray blazer and shirt off the floor among various piles of detritus left over from HIM LIVING LIFE. Then, in the best I-don't-even-want-to-think-about-the-rest-of-this-outfit move, he grabbed a gray tie and jeans and called it a night. We love tonal dressing done right. Plus, his disheveled, longer-than-usual hair, thick glasses, and 5 o'clock shadow prove that he knows it makes scant difference what he wears or does when he has the face of a god. Well, a cherubic god. In a tie. Man, his boyish face could've gone south if you really think about it. BUT it didn't. He's even getting crow's feet in a cute way. Awwww. Look, right there. Oh, is this still on? What? *feedback*
Whitney Port at the MuchMusic Awards on June 20.
Photo: Getty Images
• To ring in the New Year, MTV Style has rounded up the best looks of 2010! Check out our: top trends, best bags and accessories, most memorable shoes, hottest hairstyles, and masters of makeup. (Psst! We're rolling out even more top 10 lists next week.)
• Dakota Fanning's darling little sister Elle proves she's a rising style star in the December issue of Interview magazine. We sort of want to pinch her cheeks and steal her clothes all at the same time.
• What were those hot hustlers up to this week? Trey Songz rocked an amazing snakeskin jacket on stage, Penn Badgley showed off some chest hair (mmm!), Bill Hader proved he's fierce AND funny, Paul Rudd and Owen Wilson heated up the red carpet at the How Do You Know premiere, and the Glee cast continues their cute streak.
• The fashion face-offs heat up! Who wore it best: Victoria Beckham vs. David Beckham, Carey Mulligan vs. Michelle Williams, or Eva Marcille vs. Kristin Cavallari?
• Ciara stopped by MTV Style to talk about her morning beauty routine and dressing like her BFF Kim Kardashian. Watch here!
• Winter trends were in full force! This week we spotted celebs sporting bowl cuts, purple pumps, sequins, and long dresses.
• Fashion + cyberspace = these killer Tron: Legacy collaborations! Which one is your favorite?
• It was a week FULL of fashionable premieres with Country Strong debuting in Los Angeles and Burlesque premiering in London. Check out what Kristen Bell wore when she wasn't on the red carpet!
It's the last weekend to finish holiday shopping (gasp!) so kick those boots into high gear, and get out there before it's too late! (While you're at it, purchase a little party dress for yourself. You deserve it!)
Paul Rudd and Owen Wilson arrive at the 'How Do You Know' premiere in L.A. on Dec. 13.
When A-listers Paul Rudd and Owen Wilson arrived at the How Do You Know premiere last night in Los Angeles, we couldn't keep our eyes off the studly stars! Paul Rudd walked the red carpet in a shiny gray suit, slate-colored shirt, black leather belt and matching shoes. Costar Owen Wilson wore a fitted gray striped suit, light blue shirt, navy tie, and black slip-on shoes paired with a shaggy 'do. While it's hard to choose between the two fiercely dressed funnymen, there's something special about Paul Rudd's not-trying-too-hard tousled hair, tieless neckline, and killer smile. But what do you think?
+ Which How Do You Know star dressed better—Paul Rudd or Owen Wilson?