Taye Diggs, Ewan McGregor, and James Franco at the 2011 Film Spirit Awards in Santa Monica, Calif., on Feb. 26.
Photo: Getty Images
We LOVE when guys raise the fashion bar in atypical red carpet ensembles, which is exactly what Taye Diggs, Ewan McGregor, and James Franco did at the Film Independent Spirit Awards this weekend. Taye stepped out in a gray suit jacket, a white and blue striped shirt, a blue and yellow bow tie, dark cuffed jeans, beige suede wingtip oxfords, tortoise shell glasses, and a brown fedora. Ewan McGregor layered up in a navy and gray striped coat, a gray scarf, a navy vest, an olive tee, dark skinny jeans, a brown belt and brown lace-up shoes. James Franco (spotted in the press room after winning the Best Male Lead award for 127 Hours) took an unusual spin on a gray suit by throwing a navy wool cardigan over it. He also wore a light gray tie, a white button-up shirt, and black lace-up shoes. While we're into all three boys' fearless individual style, we give our hat tip to Mr. Diggs! He took a simple ensemble and made it pop with fun accessories. But what do you think?
+ Who looked best at the Film Independent Spirit Awards—Taye Diggs, Ewan McGregor, or James Franco?
Nicki Minaj leaving KISS FM in London on Jan. 20
Photo: Getty Images
• It's Nicki Minaj's week! We've got every look from her glamorous new video "Moment 4 Life," meanwhile the rapper was spotted sporting three completely different hairstyles in one weekend — a hot pink beehive, Barbie blonde locks, and cameo-colored hair. Whew!
• Willow Smith proves that her style speaks volumes by wearing a "Boys Need Training" tee during a music video shoot in L.A. We need that shirt. Stat.
• Another episode of Gossip Girl meant another week of beautifully-dressed backstabbing besties. We've got every look from this week's episode and how to steal their Upper East Side ensembles for cheap!
• So many stars kept cozy in chic winter ensembles at the Sundance Film Festival. We loved Emma Roberts' trendy toppers, Elizabeth Olsen's rising style star status, and Kerry Washington's capelet sweater.
• What were those hot hustlers up to this week? My Chemical Romance's Gerard Way switched up his strands with a brand-new 'do; Gavin and Kingston Rossdale proved that matching father/son style can be cool; Taye Diggs perfectly mixed patterns; Snoop Dogg debuted some massive hand candy; Jay Chou showed off his adventurous style; and hotties Adrian Grenier, Zachary Quinto, and Dominic Cooper warmed up Sundance.
• Celebs looked GORGE at events all over the world! In Paris, Olivia Wilde, Jessica Alba, and Diane Kruger shined in Gucci couture, and in L.A. Whitney Port, Rose McGowan, and Louise Roe rocked minis at a People StyleWatch event.
• The fashion face-offs continue! This week Leighton Meester and Kate Bosworth battled it out on the red carpet. Plus, who makes a better "Material Girl": Kelly Osbourne or Taylor Momsen?
• Winter trends continue to trickle in, and this week we couldn't get enough of beautiful bows, black and gold stilettos, and '70s floral dresses.
• Steal your favorite celebs style by getting Emily Blunt's braided updo or Amber Lancaster's supercute olive onesie.
Happy weekend, style stars! Can't wait to chitchat about all those amazing SAG Awards' red carpet looks on Monday!
Taye Diggs at the 'ELLE' Women in Television event in West Hollywood on Jan. 27.
Photo: Getty Images
Private Practice hottie Taye Diggs ditched the usual black and white attire for a colorfully chic ensemble at the ELLE Women in Television event in West Hollywood last night. We love how he dared to mix a purple and white striped shirt with a rainbow checkered tie. Oh, and do you see how the actor paired a lighter gray suit jacket with darker slacks. Genius! To top it all off, Taye accessorized his look with shiny burgundy lace-up shoes, thick black frame glasses, and silver studs. We can't get enough of his I-do-what-I-want style (and his beaming smile!), but what do you think?
+ Do you like Taye Diggs' mismatched ensemble?