Ashley Bell, Emma Watson, and Katie Cassidy at the 2011 MTV Movie Awards in Universal City, California on June 5, 2011.
Photo: Getty Images
Nothing quite says, "Summer's Here" like a perfectly fitted crisp white dress. Ashley Bell, Emma Watson, and Katie Cassidy all sported summery ensembles that popped on the MTV Movie Awards red carpet without looking like brides-to-be. Each gorgeous lady kept their accessories minimal and let their intricate gowns do ALL the talking.
The Last Exorcism star and Best Scared-As-S**t Performance nominee Ashley Bell opted for a lace overlay Club Monaco dress with an incredibly flattering sweetheart neckline and soft pleats, which oozed youthful gorgeousness. She swept her hair up in a loose side chignon to show off her to-die-for décolletage and accessorized with white and gold drop earrings, gold bangles, and a gold ring. The best part? Her SHOES!! Her beige satin platform peep-toe ankle-strap pumps give us juuuust a hint of sexy in her sweet ensemble, which we LOVE.
Fashion god Emma Watson arrived in a stately jewel-encrusted Marchesa frock, which displayed her gams in FULL EFFECT. Like Ashley, she opted for simple jewelry: a pair of drop earrings and a solitary bangle and KILLER SHOES. Her metallic platform Brian Atwood pumps mirror her sparkly fringe neckline and silver-lined lids. Her gently pulled-back 'do puts the dress on full display, and she is smizing SO HARD that even she knows how good she looks.
Gossip Girl Katie Cassidy wore a sultry Catherine Malandrino crocheted lace and knit gown with a nude underlay that hugged her curves like a slalom of driven snow... erm... nubby textured fabric snow. The go-to accessory for all the ladies seems to be gold bangles, and Katie concurred with a set of stacked bracelets. We love that she made this daytime look transition smoothly into night with a smoky eye and a nude and gold satin clutch. But to keep the ensemble from looking too stuffy, she let her beachy wavy hair run wild and stuck to a simple nude gloss for her lips.
We love the three ways these ladies rocked white on the red carpet, and HEY, you don't even need to be super duper tan! The takeaway: Keep white dresses from looking bride-y with simple accessories, textured textiles, relaxed hair and show-stopping shoes.
2011 MTV MOVIE AWARDS COVERAGE:
• Movie Awards 2011: Loose Hair And Glossy Lips Dominate Red Carpet Beauty
• Movie Awards 2011: Lily Collins, Lil Mama, And Nicki Minaj Rock Badass Accessories
• Movie Awards 2011: Taylor Lautner, Tom Felton, And Ryan Gosling Plus More Hot Dudes
• Movie Awards 2011: Magic Crystals! Lil' Mama, Brooklyn, and Leighton Put On The Ritz
• Movie Awards 2011: Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber Shine On Their Own
• Movie Awards 2011: Elle Fanning's Floral Romper
• Movie Awards 2011: Emma Stone Struts In Orange Bottega Veneta
• Movie Awards 2011: Hailee Steinfeld Red Carpet Tuxedo
• Movie Awards 2011: Selena Gomez Stuns In White
• Movie Awards 2011: Kristen Stewart's Safety Pin Balmain Dress
• Movie Awards 2011: Emma Watson Shines From Head To Toe
• The Red Carpet Fashion Live Blog