Ryan Gosling at the "Drive" premiere in L.A.
Photo: Getty Images
• Ryan Gosling acted like an urban superhero in a muscle-baring striped tank while he tried to break up a fight in NYC. Not that you need us to type this or anything, but SWOOOON.
• We gave you a Lady Gaga fashion retrospective in anticipation of what she's going to WOW us with at Sunday's VMAs. Honestly, what could possibly top the MEAT DRESS?
• We broke the news that pint-sized rapper and style hero Kreayshawn is set to host the MTV.com VMA Red Carpet Report. We have no idea what she'll ask celebs as they arrive, but we're guessing it'll be hilarious and hopefully in rhyme.
• Taylor Swift shared photos of her rockin' retro Charleston style while on a beach vacation in South Carolina with her fellow female summer tourmates. Not only did we covet her super cute 1950s-style polka dot swimsuit, we wished we could live inside the photos forever.
• Anne Hathaway went goth for the September issue of Interview magazine and we dissected every one of her black dress and lace veil looks. We wish we looked this good on our saddest day.
• Friday Night Lights star Taylor Kitsch cut off his signature long hair. Even though he's maturing as an actor (and we're happy for him!), we can't help but mourn the loss of his TIM RIGGINS-ness.
• Jersey Shore's Vinny wore a Young & Restless "Stay Young" T-shirt, which retails for only $25. We're guessing he's trying to get some sort of message across with this sentiment but are glad that the message, at least, is affordable.