What is going on with you, Gossip Girl? It's all kinda CRAY on the Upper East Side as well as in Brooklyn, now that Blair (Leighton Meester) and Dan (Penn Badgley) are criss-crossing boroughs in order to figure out the proper way to debut their love affair. Even the parental unit of Lily (Kelly Rutherford) and Rufus (Matthew Settle) can't figure out whether to keep it posh on the UES or low-key in the "718". All of this flip-flopping leads to dastardly results, obvs. While chilling in Williamsburg, Blair and Dan meet a cross-borough literary hipster couple who inspire them to have a "salon" in Dan's loft as their official coming out party. Sadly, Serena (Blake Lively), Chuck (Ed Westwick), and Nate (Chace Crawford) aren't invited, but they show up anyway to stir up trouble.
Serena's newly found cousin Lola (Ella Rae Peck) goes from temporary It Girl to paranoid gossip monger when she figures out Serena's identity. Yes, Serena is still acting as the de facto Gossip Girl, and Lola tries to rat her out but no one believes her. Meanwhile, gossip high-priestess Diana Payne (Elizabeth Hurley) makes a deal with the real Gossip Girl in order to keep a certain secret involving Chuck Bass under wraps. But oopsies! Lola tapes an intimate convo between Serena and Diana that reveals this mega secret to the entire world (and it's a doozy), but is there more to this story? We think so. Also, did we mention this episode features a famous chef, bowler hats as overhead lighting, and the potential demise of a certain couple? If you haven't caught up yet, we won't spoil the rest for you. Check back here weekly for our fashion recap!
Serena Van Der Woodsen (Blake Lively) and Lola Rhodes (Ella Rae Peck).
Photo: The CW
SERENA VAN DER WOODSEN (BLAKE LIVELY)
+ Dress: Black embellished cap-sleeve dress
+ Tights: Black opaque tights
LOLA RHODES (ELLA RAE PECK)
+ Dress: Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti
+ Bag: Nancy Gonzalez
Diana Payne (Elizabeth Hurley).
Photo: The CW
DIANA PAYNE (ELIZABETH HURLEY)
+ Red Dress: V-neck bodycon dress
+ Ochre Dress: Alexander McQueen
+ Shoes: Fendi
OTHER 'GOSSIP GIRL' EPISODES:
• Season 5, Episode 1: 'Yes, Then Zero'
• Season 5, Episode 2: 'Beauty and The Feast'
• Season 5, Episode 3: 'The Jewel of Denial'
• Season 5, Episode 4: 'Memoirs of an Invisible Dan'
• Season 5, Episode 5: 'The Fasting and the Furious'
• Season 5, Episode 6: 'I Am Number Nine'
• Season 5, Episode 7: 'The Big Sleep No More'
• Season 5, Episode 8: 'All The Pretty Sources'
• Season 5, Episode 9: 'Rhodes To Perdition'
• Season 5, Episode 10: 'Riding in Town Cars With Boys'
• Season 5, Episode 11: 'The End Of The Affair?'
• Season 5, Episode 12: 'Father And The Bride'
• Season 5, Episode 13: 'G.G.'
• Season 5, Episode 14: 'The Backup Dan'
• Season 5, Episode 15: 'Crazy Cupid Love'
• Season 5, Episode 16: 'Cross Rhodes'
• Season 5, Episode 17: 'The Princess Dowry'
• Season 5, Episode 18: 'Con Heir'
• Season 5, Episode 19: 'It Girl, Interrupted'